Thursday, June 21, 2007

We'll Always Have Paris

So I came to the conclusion that I haven't seen any movies in a while. I've also been reading this for the last few days:

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/features/series/284/

I'm usually not too crazy about these types of lists, but it's been giving me some ideas. Earlier today I went to the library to look for some to watch tonight, and I rented five bona fide classics that I had either never seen or hadn't seen in so long that I'd forgotten.

Tonight I watched Casablanca for the first time in I don't know how long. It's not on the list above, but the list itself caused me to remember that I wanted to see this one. There's a ride at MGM studios at Disney World called The Great Movie Ride and it takes you through some of the most memorable moments in cinema. Casablanca is a part of that ride, and I've been wanting to see the movie again ever since I'd been on that ride. The film was great, as I expected. However, without getting too personal or anything, there are certain aspects of Humphrey Bogart's character Rick that I see in myself and I don't know if I like that. Well made movies will effect people that way, I guess. Anyway, I rented some more, and I might have movie night tomorrow as well. I'm running a little short on cash for reasons I'll get to later.



In other news, I forgot to mention that apparently Spank Rock is doing an EP using 2 Live Crew samples. That makes perfect sense to me, since Spank Rock reminds me a lot of the Crew. I actually thought of that as I was listening to all that 2LC stuff the other day, but, once again, I forgot to mention it. That idea I had about taking notes is sounding better and better every day.

I got to see TNA iMPACT! at its regular time tonight for the first time in months (another reason for the delay of tonight's post). They announced the main event for the next Pay-Per-View to pit the World Champion and the X-Division Champion against the Tag Team Champions in a tag match with all three titles on the line. That would be World Champion Kurt Angle & X-Division Champion Jay Lethal vs. Tag Team Champions Team 3-D. Not exactly main event quality. They said, though, that if a singles champion pins one of the tag champs, the guy that got the pin gets both belts and is able to choose a partner with which to hold the titles. I like that idea, since Angle & Lethal shouldn't be Tag Team Champions. But, Lethal lost his belt tonight to Samoa Joe. So, Joe's the X-Division Champ and in the main event of the next PPV. Look for Team 3-D to lose the tag belts, too. I don't read spoilers, but I think they'll lose em to Christian Cage & AJ Styles, since both are buddies in the storylines and main event quality wrestlers. I don't like the idea of Lethal losing his title so soon, though. I understand that they don't consider him worthy of a PPV main event (I don't either), but Sabin should've kept the belt on Sunday to lose to Joe. It devalues Lethal's first title win to lose it so soon.

I made some t-shirt purchases in the last several days. A certain (MySpace) friend of mine posted a bulletin that their site was having a 20% off sale for MySpace friends only. So I took advantage of that and copped a certain 3Sixteen tee that I mentioned on here a few times (I got their last one too). At 20% off too boot. I might get some flack for being on MySpace, and I probably deserve some of it. I spent a long time bashing the F out of the site and swearing that I'd never be a member. And, I RARELY go back on my word. But, when I can get deals like that, I know I made a good decision. Also, DG put the first batch of NHTVSN tees up on the site. That's the new project from the 3Sixteen crew. I copped 2 tees today, and they're both currently sold out. I got the last one of the 1st, and the 2nd to last of the 2nd. The 2nd sold out later in the day. I might post pics, or you might just have to see me out and about to know what I'm getting at. So, needless to say, I'm a little strapped for cash. But, I'll manage.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: