Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fuck The Spurs Part III

What a game last night, eh? San Antonio plays like complete crap, and Cleveland plays just worse enough to lose. I'm not gonna get into any play-by-play, but I have a bad feeling that Friday's post is going to have to be Fuck The Spurs Part IV. I decided to stay in and watch the game at home last night, and I'm glad I did. If I'm at a place serving alcohol and I'm not in a good mood, sometimes things don't turn out so well. Couple that with driving to and from said establishment, and trouble most likely would've occurred. I don't know what my plans are for Thursday, but they might be the same. I'll wait until then to figure it out, though. I was thinking of catching Tim Barry of Avail fame at The Grog Shop tomorrow, but I don't wanna miss the game. Although, with the way they've been playing, it might be best to ignore it.

I also complain about my job a lot, but I don't know of many jobs that'll let you listen to 2 Live Crew for a few hours. Speaking of that, for those interested, yesterday's workout mix featured these artists:

1. 2 Live Crew
2. Bobby Brown
3. De La Soul
4. Depeche Mode
5. Whoever sings Ravishing Rick Rude's WCW theme music from around 92-93 (it was on the WCW Slam Jam album and is absolutely spectacular. If anyone wants to hear it, ask me for it and I'll send it to you).
6. Public Enemy

A couple tunes from each artist (except for #5 of course). One of the Depeche Mode ones was Enjoy The Silence and I decided that it's gonna play at my wedding. Mainly for the chorus, and certainly not for the line Vows are spoken/To be broken. That might give off a weird vibe at a wedding. Speaking of that sort of thing, the only other song that's a lock for my wedding (and no, I'm not currently engaged to anyone) is New Order's Bizarre Love Triangle. I'm talking about the version on Substance, not the one on Brotherhood. The one I want is a longer mix, and is far superior. I recently watched an interview online with the band Hot Chip as they discussed their new DJ Kicks mix, and they mentioned that someone in the band had it played at their wedding (a portion of the Substance version appears on DJ Kicks) and he made sure it played second, since he didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. That's basically what I'm talking about. A song with that title might give people the wrong idea.

So there's a lot of other stuff I'm gonna hit on in the future, but I haven't really had time to devote to this. I've been wanting to mention some articles of clothing that have an interest in, and maybe I'll do some of that tomorrow. But, in closing, here's a flier for what I anticipate to possibly be the most fun I'll have all summer:



I haven't been to Buffalo since 10/05, when I caught Buffalo Stampede, the last ROH event held in the city. I'm getting kinda pumped about going, and apparently the Krudmart store is really close to the venue. Once again, if anyone wants in, let me know. I'm gonna buy tix really quick, though, so get on the ball people!

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: