Wednesday, June 20, 2007

That's What's Up



This shit'll run your life if you let it. Maybe more addictive than cigarettes, and at $6 a can, more expensive too.

Just got back from a fun run. I took it a little earlier than normal because my job lets me do that sort of stuff. A mix of New Edition, New Order, and EPMD was on the menu (pretty disparate choices, but that's how it turned out). Upon listening to the selections, I can't decide if Ooh Baby or My Secret is the best New Edition song ever. The Bizarre Love Triangle/True Faith one-two punch still takes the cake on the New Order front, while I'm kinda partial to Crossover when it comes to EPMD. That might be due to their direct diss to Color Me Badd, as I've always been a fan of blatant shit-talking in music and other mediums. The Vince Russo video on my MySpace page illustrates this well. However, I only like that kinda stuff if it's backed up. I myself have never been afraid to tell people what's really going on, and I'd like to think that I back up most of my stuff. I guess I can relate to that sort of thing.

Anyway, I couldn't find anything for Ooh Baby, but here's New Edition performing My Secret in a scene from the movie Krush Groove



And the video for EPMD's Crossover




I can't find a video for the extended version of Bizarre Love Triangle and I personally think the album version is garbage, but here's the video for True Faith. The tune's edited a little from the superior version, but not as badly as Bizarre Love Triangle



Enjoy.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: