Friday, June 1, 2007

The Next One

Wow,

That was one hell of a game tonight. The Motherfucking Cleveland Cavaliers are one game away from the NBA Finals, and I couldn't be happier. LeBron James just made himself tonight. Bring on the Spurs.

In other news, I have been really slipping on this blog. I don't know if I got this in before 12:00am, but regardless if this is timestamped 05/31 or 06/01, I'm gonna try as hard as I can to write one of these EVERY DAY in the month of June. And, if this one is dated 06/01, there will be another post before date is done.

A lot has gone on since my last post, so let me give a little recap:

Saturday, my good buddy Noah and I made the trek to Touch Supper Club for the monthly Old-School Hip-Hop extravaganza known as I Got 5 On It. Everyone reading this with even a remote interest in old-school rap should get their asses down there next month, because I had the most fun I've had in a LONG time. I had heard about it a little while ago when I was at Touch to see the Hollywood Blondes, and I wish I'd heard of it sooner. So many hits were played that it'd be crazy to try and name them all, but here were a few jams that got the place jumpin:
Public Enemy - Can't Truss It (maybe the best PE song to run to. no joke)
A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario (the place went BANANAS with this one, and deservedly so)
Camp Lo - Luchini (always a favorite. I remember them playing this at Jay-Jays back in the day and confusing all the dumb shits)
The Soul Train line at 2:45am (you heard it right)
Apache blasting and two people doing this dance two feet away from me:



Minus the hugging and throwing of course. Also, I think I should get residuals from Manifest, because every time I wear my C.R.E.A.M. shirt out, I get more looks than the group of beautiful ladies that got picked up in a souped up Escalade after spending their Saturday night ignoring everyone. All in all, a great night was had, and Mick Boogie, Terry Urban (celebrating his 30th birthday Saturday), and the rest get nothing but respect from me. Noah and I went to see DJ Ayres of The Rub fame a few weeks back at The Mercury Lounge, and it was alright. At the end of the night, though, Ayres seemed kinda pissed at the lack of fun everyone seemed to have. He iterated to me that the Brooklyn Rub parties are where it's at, but I'd like to think that the energy at Touch last Saturday was at least close to the level of insanity at The Southpaw when The Rub throws down. I don't have any pics, though, and that won't happen again. I got a pretty good camera recently, and I intend to use it!

I saw some old friends from High School this weekend, too, and that was cool. Tuesday, I went to 80's night at the Pirate's Cove with Becky, Lisa, Ame, and their friend Eric. It would've been a lot better if there were more than a dozen people there, but it was still fun. I hadn't been there in over a year, and it's gone a little downhill if you ask me. I remember when they'd play The Smiths, The Cure, Joy Division, Pixies, etc. there. Tuesday they just played the basic 80's stuff you'd hear on any Top 40 station's "80's Night." No pics for this one either, and once again, that'll hopefully be the last time I have to say that. Rascal House Pizza was eaten that night, and it was delicious. I'm gonna try and eat more in the future.

I finally got to watch last Saturday's UFC Pay-Per-View last night. I'm not really big on UFC, but someone loaned me the tape, and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I can possibly see it taking pro wrestling's audience, but probably not for a few more years. Some of the fighters are more charismatic than the current crop of pro wrestlers, though. A definite change of pace, that's for sure.

I also finally got to see last Thursday's TNA iMPACT! last night. It was better than the average show, with a Samoa Joe/Sting main event that actually felt like a main event. When these kind of marquee matches are given away on free TV, they usually stink. The whole point of the show is to sell Pay-Per-Views, so I can understand the reasoning. Christopher Daniels cost Sting the match, so that'll set up Sting/Daniels at the next PPV. Samoa Joe goes into the main event Title Match by virtue of his win. The match he got himself into, however, is too confusing for me to explain. Sorry. The definite highlight of the show was a promo (interview) with Team 3-D (formerly known as the Dudley Boyz) and the Steiner Brothers. Instead of a recap, I'll just post this:



Good shit. That kinda stuff is why I'm a wrestling fan. I'm pretty pumped for their eventual match, but it'd be a lot better in 1997 than 2007. Oh well, at least the promos will be good. I had to tape tonight's show, since The Motherfucking Cleveland Cavaliers were of utmost importance, but I'll watch it soon.

Lastly (for now anyway) Digital Gravel FINALLY put the 3Sixteen Urkel shirt on sale. They had my size when I first saw it, but I thought about whether or not I should buy it for about an hour, and when I checked back, it was sold out. On one hand, I shouldn't sweat it since I passed up my chance and I don't really have money to spend/waste currently, but on the other hand I'm kinda ticked that I've been waiting for the tee to drop for literally MONTHS and when it's finally available, I flake on it. I have a few moew sites I check that stock 3Sixteen, so I'll be on the lookout. I'm not really sure what size to get, either, since the last time I got a tee from them (the Geoffrey one) I had to send my Medium back cuz it was too small and the graphic was too big and in danger of getting crackly (Becky knows what I'm talking about). So, I ordered a Large and it fit me like a nightgown. I still wear my Large, though, so it's not so bad.

So, that's all for now. I'm gonna try and update the shit outta this from now on, so look out for that. Maybe 2 or more a day? It could happen. Go Cavs!

Until Then,
Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dope blog !!!! 3sixteen