Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Take Me To Chicago and/or Buffalo (and Fuck Verizon)

Here Goes,

http://www.pitchforkmusicfestival.com/

This is where I wanna be on those days. I didn't get to go last year, but I DID attend Intonation Fest. It was held on June 24 and 25 of last year, and competed with Pitchfork Fest. The Pitchfork Fest broke away from the Intonation name after curating it in 05. So Intonation 06 was a fucking blast, and I'm sure Pitchfork 07 will be no different. I should also mention that there will be no Intonation this year, but Chicago's already spoiled enough as it is so they probably won't even notice.

I saw these performers last year at Intonation:

Saturday, June 24

The Streets, Ghostface Killah, The Stills, Lady Sovereign, Boredoms, Roky Erickson, Jose Gonzalez, Devin the Dude, High on Fire, Chromeo, Erase Errata, 90 Day Men, Favourite Sons

Sunday, June 25

Bloc Party, Dead Prez, Robert Pollard, Jon Brion, Blue Cheer, Lupe Fiasco, Annie, Rhymefest, The Constantines, The Sword, Panthers, Bill Dolan, Tyrades

Quite the lineup, and not bad for $25. That was for both days COMBINED, not $25 for each day.

Chromeo was one of the definite highlights, and I mentioned yesterday that they're playing Buffalo on 07/13. I'd really like to hit that up, but I'd rather not go alone. Fujiya & Miyagi is playing The Grog Shop that night, but they're gonna be at Pitchfork Fest the next night, so I could feasibly see them there. And, if that wasn't enough, there's the possibility of catching Chromeo in Chicago at The Empty Bottle on 07/14 after spending the day at Pitchfork Fest. I guarantee a fun time, but I am prepared to go at least to Buffalo alone if I have to. I've been to shows alone before, and I have a much better time than one would think. So, as I said yesterday, anyone reading this should let me know if they're interested.

And, I got a text from Verizon that my bill is about $35 more than it usually is. When I checked my bill online, I saw that their billing cycle starts on the 2nd of each month, not the 1st. That would only make sense. What does that mean? It means that despite the fact that I CONSTANTLY checked my minutes via text throughout the month just to make sure I didn't go over, I apparently made a $35 phone call on 06/01. I was thinking of calling Verizon and bitching, but it probably won't do any good. Let that be a lesson: NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING. Just because it makes all the sense in the world to start your June billing on June 1st, it doesn't mean that's how it is.

So, I'm really peeved about that, so I'm gonna go try and run it off. Maybe that'll cheer me up. Maybe I'll even post the mix later. I'm not making any promises, though.

Until Then,
Later

No comments: