Friday, June 15, 2007

Fuck The Spurs Part IV

Looks like my Wednesday prediction was correct, as you can see by the title above. The Cavs were completely outmatched by the veteran Spurs for four straight games, but I don't think there were many that would've predicted that at the start of the series. Mind you, I didn't think the Cavs had much of a chance to take the title, but they could've won at least one or two games. I really don't wanna dwell on this debacle, but I'll make one more statement. It's one that I don't like to think about, but I'm never been one to shy away from something that might be uncomfortable.

The commentators kept harping on the fact that there hadn't been a sweep in the NBA Finals since the Spurs beat the New Jersey Nets in 2002. I don't remember much about that series at all, but I remember the sweep prior quite well. In 1995, the Houston Rockets swept the Orlando Magic 4-0. The Magic had a young Shaquille O'Neal and little else, and were completely outmatched by the veteran Rockets for four straight games. Sound familiar? Shaq then left the smaller market of Orlando for the bright lights of Los Angeles, and the rest is future Hall of Fame history. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself in the form of our good buddy LeBron James.

In other news, I decided to throw on another classic album at work today that I haven't heard in a good while. I'm talking about none other than Girl You Know It's True from Milli Vanilli. It holds up surprisingly well, and it'll most likely be in heavy rotation when all the bars that feature 80's Night will finally start doing 90's Night. It'll happen soon enough, believe me.

I also checked out the new Rub Radio mix, and it was a doozy. It was from a few days ago, but new to me. The mix featured various tracks from the Spitkicker crew (De La Soul, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, Kanye West, and a lot more) Some great stuff, and a lot of tunes I hadn't heard in a minute. I'd give it a listen.

That's it for now. I'm sure I forgot a bunch of stuff I was gonna touch on (I should really take notes throughout the day so I don't forget). The weekend's looking pretty f'n good, and I hate to leave on a down note, but I just read a few minutes ago that former WWF and WCW (among other organizations) star Sensational Sherri Martel passed away earlier today. She was 49, and probably the best woman wrestler/manager/whatever that'll ever live. R.I.P.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: