Wednesday, August 1, 2007

That Tay Zonday Is Quite the Crooner

The weekend was pretty cool. I ended up going to the Smoking Popes show, but not the Waterloo Arts Fest or I Got 5 On It. The Popes were awesome though (as expected) but I'll probably wait until tomorrow to post pics. They're not really all that great, either, so don't get your hopes up.

I was fully prepared to talk about the Ted Leo show tonight at the Beachland Ballroom, but it got cancelled last night. I didn't hear about it until early this morning though (thanks Tommy). At first, I was totally pissed/bummed and all that, but it seems that his wife(?) is really sick and he had to be with her. I always held the belief that family comes before everything else, so it's completely understandable. I heard there would be a makeup show in the fall, and I hope it's on a weekend day this time.

On a much lighter note, my good (MySpace) buddy Kid Sister posted a bulletin last night about something called Chocolate Rain. After checking her page, I came across this:



Now tell me with a straight face that this isn't at least a little amusing. I thought William Hung was hysterical, though, so what do I know. Here are some more Tay Zonday vids:

Internet Dream



A killer cover of Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up


And on and on. There are a few more choice cuts up on youtube, but a search for the name Tay Zonday will help you find what you're looking for, if so inclined. I'm usually not the kinda person to jump on internet fads, but this guy's a f'n riot. The lyrics to Internet Dream alone are a lot more poignant than they'll ever get credit for being. But in another few months (weeks?) I'll probably look back on this post and wonder why I ever liked this in the first place. That's life I guess.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: