Friday, July 27, 2007

I Went To the Scene Music Festival Last Night and All I Got Was This Lousy Free T-Shirt (pics included) and These Five Chili Dogs (pics not included)

So yesterday afternoon I was screwing around on the internet (otherwise known as working) when I got a call from Mr. Tommy Teabagger asking me if I wanted to go to the Scene Music Festival on W. 6th. Since I didn't have any plans, I said what the heck.

I made it to Tommy's in due time, but not before stopping at Music Saves to grab tix for the Smoking Popes tomorrow and Ted Motherfucking Leo on Wednesday. Everyone reading this should try to make it to both shows, since they'll both be a load of fun. Anyway, the soundtrack for the ride consisted mostly of the Flosstradamus Scion mix from a little while back.



Speaking of that, I'm listening to the new(er) album by Charlotte Gainsbourg known as 5:55 as I type this. She has two songs on the mix, and that was enough for me to track the album down. It's pretty chilly (would make great winter music) but I like it a lot.



Her father is the famous Serge Gainsbourg, and here's the time he met Whitney Houston (if you don't feel like sitting through the whole thing, go to the 50 second mark):


Pretty f'n badass if you ask me. Anyway, when I made it to the Teabagger estate, he had other listening ideas. He produced a copy of the Spread Eagle CD, which is cock rock of the highest order.

Some favorites include Back on the Bitch, Suzy Suicide, and of course, Scratch Like a Cat


Good times indeed. So, getting to the gist of what this post is supposed to be about, the Scene Music Festival occurred at bars along W. 6th St., including Bar Flyy, The Blind Pig, Liquid/Fusion, Tequila Ranch, and Velvet Dog. The good bands we saw were Lords of the Highway and American Werewolves. Jack Fords were pretty good too. I wanted to catch Mick Boogie & Terry Urban but they went on too early. We saw some bands that were fairly terrible, but I'm not gonna name names. They know who they are. And, I was wearing the Durkl Warrior Tee again and got accosted AGAIN by a bunch of drunk idiots that not only called me Batman but sang the theme totally off-key. At least nobody called me Elvis though...

Although, when we went to claim our free shirts, the cute female thought my shirt was "fancy". I'll take that as a compliment. So here's what the free one looks like from the front(I've posted the Durkl one enough times):

And the back:

And the goofy design on the side (can never get enough of those):


I kinda like the color, but I don't know if I'd wear it out. Free is free though. Speaking of which, thanks to the dude that got us in for free. I forgot his name, but he probably doesn't read this anyway. If he does though, thanks. Big thanks to the chili dog guy for the free dog in exchange for watching the stand while he did something. I had a great time. Thanks to the Blind Pig for the $5 Molson pitchers, but too bad the crowd were total jerks. The free Vitamin Water was very refreshing, as were the free Tequila shots at the Tequila Ranch. I might go there more often. If I forgot something, oh well. I forgot my camera last night, so I tend to be forgetful lately. Smoking Popes tomorrow. I'm gonna try to make it to the Waterloo Arts thing, but we'll see. I'd also like to make an appearance at Touch tomorrow night for I Got 5 On It, but that might not happen either. The Popes for sure, though. Let's have fun.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: