Monday, August 20, 2007

Return of the Blog

I really need to start writing these every day again. The pics from the Rubber City Rebels/Nimrods show will probably never make it to the internet, but they weren't all that great anyway (the pics, not the show). Anyway, here's some stuff that happened since the last post:

The Punk Rock Holocaust thing was a total bust. The guy at the Rock Hall tried to make me and Tommy pay the $20 fee to get in just to see the movies. F THAT. So we took a $2 tour of Johnny Cash's tour bus instead. Not quite as fun, but whatever. Then, since we had an entire day to kill before the New Bomb Turks, we bummed around Lakewood, checked out My Mind's Eye Records (I'd never been there before and was impressed), and went back to Tommy's to watch Three O'Clock High.

The New Bomb Turks sounded great. Since it was at the Rock Hall, I figured they'd be anti-camera. But, they weren't, and I didn't bring mine. So, no pics.

Thursday was a busy day for rock. Modest Mouse played at whatever Nautica's called now, but tickets were way overpriced (somewhere in the $25-$35 range). The Agora had a ska extravaganza that would've been the show of the year if the year was 1997. Less Than Jake/Reel Big Fish/Streetlight Manifesto/Against All Authority(?) was probably fun, but also overpriced (in the $20-$25 range). I, however, decided to go to the House of Blues to catch the Rentals. I'd been a fan since 1995, but never got to see them live. And, for my $, the day Matt Sharp left Weezer is the day they lost most of their talent. The House of Blues doesn't allow cameras, so no pics. Trust me, though, it was a good show. Best part: 2 for Tuesday was in full effect for the Rentals, so tix were about $10 after service fees and all that. Best part for me: Tommy's girlfriend Jen (author of the awesome Food Blog that matters) picked up the tab so it was free for me! I definitely owe her one.

Then last night, Professor Murder performed at the b-side liquor lounge under the Grog Shop. Some old friends were seen, dancing was done, and fun was had. Pics tomorrow. Hollywood Blondes tonight at the Beachland Tavern. I hope my car doesn't die before I get there. Let's have fun.

Until Then,
Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey man!

sorry you didnt get into Punk Rock Holocaust Day, you should have been able to walk up to the 4th floor theater for free...that is too bad! I will try and see what happened...we will be coming back with our Backseat Film Festival in about 6 months there, and I will make sure you get in then! Check it out at:
www.backseatfilmfestival.com

word!

Doug Sakmann
-Director of Punk Rock Holocaust