Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Accidents Will Happen

So I was gonna write one of these yesterday, but I got in a minor traffic accident. Nothing too bad, and no injuries to either party. The other involved party couldn't be nicer/cooler and it made everything a lot easier. But, I was already in a bit of a money pinch before & this isn't gonna help matters. Elvis Costello wrote a song that describes the situation quite well. You may recognize the title of said song as the title of this post. Although not as spectacular as This Year's Model, Armed Forces was and is a great record in it's own right. But enough blabbing! Let's watch a video!



I mentioned this on MySpace last night and I'll mention it here now. When I was but a young boy, I'd get sad from time to time like all young boys tend to do. My mother had a song that she'd sing to me and it always cheered me up. The chorus to the above video is that song. I never knew the origin of the song until last night when I came across it while reading a wrestling message board. You read that right. I wanted to read other's opinions of Raw (I watched it for the first time in quite a while and thought it was quite good) and someone said that WWE Superstar Santino Marella sounded like Joe Dolce, with a link to the above video. Well, I was curious to know who this Joe Dolce character was, and to my astonishment, he was the original performer of the song I just got done describing. He's also from Painesville, and I was born in the town. So, maybe my mom knew the song that way. Who knows?

Speaking of wrestling, Smackdown! & ECW are in Youngstown tonight. I'll be watching, mainly to see if anyone I know gets on TV (and that's the only reason...). So, look out for that.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: