Wednesday, August 8, 2007

(I Wanna Be a) Dumblogger

I was supposed to have my car looked at today but that fell through. In the meantime, some work got done and I reacquainted myself with Guided By Voices. I can't decide which is better, Alien Lanes or Under the Bushes Under the Stars. I can guess the general consensus would most likely put Alien Lanes well ahead, but I'm not the general consensus.

Under the Bushes Under the Stars has one of my all-time favorite GBV songs, and, for a brief period of time last year, it was the most played song on my iPod. It's called The Official Ironmen Rally Song, and here's the video for it:



Alien Lanes had its fair share of great tunes too. Two of them were Auditorium and Motor Away. A video was made combining the two, and here it is (although I prefer Motor Away immensely over Auditorium):



In addition, my favorite track from Alien Lanes was rerecorded, and I prefer that over the album version. The song in question would be Game of Pricks, and the superior version appears on the 1995 EP Tigerbomb, and also on their 2004 Greatest Hits album entitled Human Amusements at Hourly Rates. Good stuff. They didn't film a video for that one, unfortunately. And, I probably won't ever be able to decide which album is better. But, I guess it was a good excuse to post the videos.

In other news, I watched ECW last night live from Youngstown. The new arena looks really nice, and it was cool to hear Tazz say the word "Y-Town" on national television, but it was otherwise fairly uneventful. I don't watch much current wrestling outside of TNA and last night's show only reinforced why. It's great to see Youngstown get such a big event, though, and the arena looked full, so that's great too.

And, the Warped Tour stops in Pissburgh today, and hopefully it doesn't get rained out like it did in Cleveland. I didn't go to either, but I knew people that went to each. The Warped Tour kinda passed me by a long time ago, and that's quite alright. I had a load of fun each time I went, so I'd rather remember that then go now and not have such a nice time. Let the kids have their fun, and all that.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: