Monday, July 23, 2007

Excursions

Since the last post:

Social D showed Youngstown how the fuck it's done on Thursday. As predicted, I didn't get any pics of the rock, but if you weren't there, you can trust me that it was a real blast.

I didn't bring my camera to Cedar Point either, but that was also a load of fun. My buddy Noah and myself rode pretty much everything but the Millennium Force and the Mantis. Not because we didn't want to, but we had to make it back to Y-Town for the Johnie 3/Hollywood Blondes/Turbo Lovers/Tarantulas Attack! show at Cedars. The debauchery was in full effect, but once again, no pics. I'm kinda miffed about that one, because it's much easier to throw a pic on here and talk about it than it is to type about everything. It's probably better for the reader too. I'll tell ya, it was like an f'n reunion at Cedars that night. I'm not gonna name names (mostly because I don't know if the people in question want to be named), but it was cool to see kids I haven't seen in five or more years (and even some kids from the old pizza shop too).

I spent way more $ than I wanted this weekend, thus I'm too low on funds to be able to check out Interpol tonight at the House of Blues. The $28 price tag was a lot to stomach, though, even if I had a lot of cash. I waited patiently the last few weeks for it to show up in the 2 for Tuesday email, but no dice. I checked Ticketmaster today for kicks, and it looks like the show sold out. Somebody on Craigslist has four tickets for $20 apiece, but you probably have to buy all four. I don't really trust that site anyway, no matter how many people tell me that it's reputable. Oh well. I hope everyone that gets to go has a great time, but I guess I'll have to wait until next time. I hope for their sake that Interpol's not in a foul mood either, since I've heard some horror stories about their tendency to dog it every once in a while if they're not "feeling it". There are enough shows coming up that I guess I can miss one.

In other news, my good (MySpace) buddy Madlib sent a bulletin today hyping his new record in the Beat Konducta series, Beat Konducta in India. The previous Beat Konducta CD was fantastic, and the vid below makes the next one look pretty darn good, too:




If you ask me, the beat heard in the last thirty seconds is good enough to warrant a purchase on it's own. I guess I'm off for a fun run. I made a mix of my favorites from the first three albums from A Tribe Called Quest, so there's the playlist.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: