Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It Was a SHOOT

So I ended up watching A Face in the Crowd last night. I had always wanted to see Seven Samurai, but I didn't realize it was over three hours long. I'd recommend A Face in the Crowd, though, if you can find it. As I said yesterday, I got the VHS from the library. The movie was the debut of Andy Griffith, but he wasn't playing Andy of Mayberry, that's for sure. I had read about the film on popmatters.com in an article I mentioned a little while back. They do a really good job with their synopsis, so I'd suggest checking it out. I thought it was great that, even in the 1950's, there were some that realized the true power (both good and bad) of television.

Griffith plays a southern good ol' boy that somehow goes from prison to radio to television superstar. But, in reality, he's a con artist using everyone for his own personal gain. Here's it's wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Face_in_the_Crowd

Interesting to note that it's directed by Elia Kazan, who (I assume) is mentioned on the fantastic new Spoon album Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga in the song Rhthm & Soul, which is quickly becoming my favorite song on the album (besides You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb and The Underdog and Finer Feelings of course).

I had to return the stuff back to the library today, and I decided to wear my Durkl Ultimate Warrior shirt I picked up at Krudmart in Buffalo (there's a pic of it in the post about the Fujiya and Miyagi and Chromeo shows). So the first fifty-something librarian stops me so the second fifty-something librarian can admire my shirt. Why, you ask? It seems that she's a big fan of bats. One person that (maybe) reads this will find that quite amusing. So I don't know what I'm doing hanging out at shows and bars and gyms and stuff trying to meet girls when I have two hot librarians at my disposal. I don't think there's anything else that can be said, so I'll end it here.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: