Monday, July 16, 2007

My Weekend Was Better Than Your Weekend (Unless You Went To Pitchfork Fest)

It all started Thursay with Fujiya and Miyagi Thursday at the Grog Shop



Their sound was super tight and contrary to these pics, their were plenty of vocals. The opener was a group of guys named Ken Rei. They weren't too terribly bad, but not really my thing. Three guys making noise out of pressing buttons doesn't really appeal to me. I like me some rhythm in my music. I didn't get any shots of them, though. Some time was also spent downstairs at the b-side Liquor Lounge. They have an outside patio now, and it was pretty nice. I had a chance to try the new Smirnoff Source, which is basically alcoholic spring water. It was awful. The flavor was a real turn off, and I had hoped that it would be flavorless. I'm glad I tried it, though. It was a good conversation piece throughout the night. Next stop: Buffalo.



We got a room at the Lenox Hotel & Suites (not my pic). I had read some real horror stories online about this place but everything else was booked. Our room was about 90% renovated, and the 10% that wasn't was the bathtub. Needless to say, I didn't shower there and I don't know if I'd have stayed there if the rest of the room was in that condition.



One place I check online fairly frequently is krudmart.com. I saw on their site a little while back that they have a store in downtown Buffalo. It was a block from the hotel. Here's what it looks like from the outside (not my pic).



I had been eyeing this shirt on their site and I picked it up at the store (pic taken from krudmart.com). The guy working there (who may or may not have been the owner) was super nice and it was a great experience overall. "Streetwear" (I fuckin hate that word) boutiques generally have a rep for being elitist and stuff, but I don't have anything but nice things to say about Krudmart. FEEL THE POWER OF THE WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Here's what their bag looks like. I told the guy at the store where I was from and what I was doing in Buffalo, and he couldn't believe that I and my buddy Noah (took way too long to mention him, sorry) would come all that way for a Chromeo show. He seemed as surprised as I was that they didn't play Cleveland, but what are ya gonna do? We agreed to see each other there and that was that. Downtown Buffalo was interesting. You had scattered hipsters and oldsters and yuppies and idiots and everything in between. We stopped at some bar before the show and went up to their rooftop patio. Then I got hit in the back of the head with the thing you use to open a beer can (I'm drawing a blank on the name). Some dude must've had a problem with me. I'm guessing either he caught his girlfriend checking me out or he thought I was hot and wanted my attention. Since I'm neither gay nor a fan of the girlfriends of meatheads, we decided to hit the bricks.



Flosstradamus tearing shit up on the outdoor patio. The venue was an outdoor patio (obviously) of a really small bar. It was nice and cool out, and the vibe was great.




I like this one. Chromeo chills while Floss slays (check Dave texting).




This text was so important that Dave had to stand up. And yes, these are my pics and I was that close. No zoom was used in any of my stuff in this post.



The crowd shot.



I was browsing through Flickr pages related to the show and saw this one. It was really unfortunate that this chick was surrounded by douchebags, since she was super hot. We gave each other a lot of knowing glances, but every time we crossed paths, she was with the people above. Note to any ladies reading this: if you want to get me to notice you, looking as close to this as possible is a good place to start.



Jacked from the same Flickr account. This one made me laugh, since all the pics I took were from this exact spot. I was standing directly to the left of the girl in the black, but I must've been getting drinks or something when this was taken. Speaking of her, she had a really nice ass and it felt marvelous (I said it). Her hair smelled really good too. The less said about the blonde, the better. Also, the kid in the pink Mishka New Era and the one next to him in the purple Mishka hoodie were in Krudmart when we were there. They had that hoodie in black for 40% off, but I didn't wanna spend the cash.




Noah's middle finger gets some face time from the same Flickr page as the other noted pics. I'm in the shot in front of the dude in the green shirt dancing like I mean it. Let's get back to some of my pics.



One's throwing up the horns while the other's crying tears of joy. Or wiping the cold out his eyes.



Nice to see the band having as much fun as everyone else.




Flosstradamus closed the night with a second set. One major highlight was Bone's Thuggish Ruggish Bone, at which point I let out a CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!! yell that was heard throughout the entire state of NY. The rest of the night isn't going to be posted on the internet for a variety of reasons. If you wanna know the story, get at me. Time to get back to work.

I hope I didn't forget anything, but if I did,




Until Then,
Later.

No comments: