Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You Got Yr. Spoon Cd (and Ep) (and 7")

So I skipped out of work early today and made the jaunt to the semi-local independent record store near a favorite concert spot of mine (you may have heard of them) and grabbed the new Spoon CD. And, if you read the title of this post, you can see that I was lucky enough to receive both the limited EP attached to the CD and the 7" that is apparently pretty darn limited in it's own right. I haven't gotten around to listening to the 7" yet, but I threw both the album and the EP on the old iPod for my fun run.

Before the run could start, however, I was accosted by a pretty cute girl banging on my window. It scared me pretty good (the banging on the window, not the fact that there was actually a girl so interested in me that she was trying to break my window with her fists just to get to me). But, she thought I was someone else. I guess she was waiting on a friend that drove the same car as mine. She must've been waiting fairly long, since it took me almost an hour to do all six miles, and she was still in her car talking to the guy in the parking lot when I was done. I also didn't see her out on the path the entire time. The dude seemed like a real dweeb too. I guess there's no accounting for taste sometimes.

So I'll have to listen to the album/EP a few more times before I really can give an opinion. As of now, it reminds me more of Girls Can Tell and Kill the Moonlight than Gimme Fiction, and the latter is my favorite Spoon album. However, the listen was exceptional enough to outrun some guy that started his fun run at the same time as me. He looked like he could have run in some races, too, so I was fairly proud of myself. "Not to toot my own horn, but toot toot." - Arn Anderson

I mentioned the Justice Cross album recently, but when I was running through today's releases yesterday, I forgot to mention it. I didn't mention Against Me! either, but I was never really a fan of theirs. I have one 7" I ordered from No Idea Records about five years ago, but that's it. I wasn't too impressed.

One thing I am impressed with is the video for Spoon's The Underdog. Here it is:



Fujiya and Miyagi in two days, CHROMEO in three.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: