Thursday, July 5, 2007

I Summon You Here (to) My Blog

While screwing around on the internet earlier today I saw this:



I haven't paid any attention to Dizzee Rascal since he had that song Fix Up, Look Sharp that sampled a well-known Billy Squier song that's been sampled by Big Daddy Kane and others that I can't think of right now. Here's the video for that one:



The first video is for the song Old Skool and I'd say that it describes the song and video quite well. I can listen to that It Takes Two sample forever. A little research, however, shows that the album version of the song is titled Pussy'ole (Old Skool) so maybe that version's a little more randy. Maybe I'll have to give his new album a listen. It's also become apparent that I should have paid more attention to this guy.

In other news, I gave a listen to New Maps of Hell, the new album from Bad Religion. It's really unfathomable that they've been so consistent for so many years. The three year wait since their last one (The Empire Strikes First) is the most time between albums since the five year gap between Into the Unknown and Suffer (1983-1988). So until now, they've released an album no more than two years apart since 1988. And I know a lot of people slag them because they think that everything sounds the same. F that. I hate to break it to anyone, but that's punk rock for ya. Most punk bands sound pretty similar from album to album. From the Ramones to the Descendents to Social D to the Queers and on and on and on. Anyway, Bad Religion's gonna be on the Warped Tour and the record's so good that it's almost convincing me to go to Warped. Almost.

And Spoon premiered their new video for the song The Underdog today on MySpace. I mentioned the song a few weeks back when I said that I was gonna hold off on the new Spoon until it's released. I still have that attitude, but it's tough. I REALLY wanna hear the album since Spoon is one of my favs. But, only five more days. I'd put their video on here, but I don't know how to link MySpace videos. When it shows up on youtube, it'll be here. I think that's it for now.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: