Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Shop at Borders


So I heard nothing but good stuff about the Turbonegro show, and I probably should have gone. But, stubbornness is a hard thing to shake, as is thriftiness. I'll see em next time.

And, I went on sort of a CD buying spree other day at Borders. I got an email from them that they were having a huge sale: every single disc CD in the store was $9.99! There was also a limit of three CDs per coupon, thus I had to limit my spree to three items. So, after using the trusty "search inventory" feature on the Borders website, I found that the Beachwood store had the best selection (as usual). I headed over there and made the following purchases:
Here's that solo album from Kevin Drew of Broken Social Scene. I'd say that I'm a fan of BSS, and I heard good stuff about this one. Plus, J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. fame performs on a track, so it's gotta be good. And it is. Note: the list price on this was $14.99.



And the Hot Chip DJ Kicks mix that I mentioned on this here blog a few months back. I've had a copy of this for months, but it's always great to have the official version. If Grovesnor doesn't get a lot of notoriety for his track, there's no justice at all. Plus, any CD with Positive K and New Order gets my $. The Hot Chip selection is awesome as well. Note: the list price on this was $17.99.



And the last purchase is the Madlib Beat Konducta in India CD that I slagged about a month ago. I wrote that I needed to listen to it in a more subdued environment, and I was right. Now, I'm a fan. Like the Hot Chip CD, I previously only owned a copy of this, so it was nice to have the real thing. (Variations) is still the best track though, hands down. Note: the list price on this was $14.99.


In all, I saved about $18 off the list prices. Not too shabby. In other news, I planned on catching the Black Lips last night but just didn't feel up to it. I saw them open for be your own PET last September, and they put on a good show. I did catch the Hollywood Blondes open for The Low Budgets last Sunday, though. That was a nice time. I still can't get my camera to hook up to the computer, though, so no pics for now.

Oh, and since I've been in a Jens Lekman mood lately (maybe because his new album Night Falls Over Kortedala is ridiculously amazing), here's a video for a song he did with a group/band/guy/whatever called Kocky. It's called "Be Part of it All", even though youtube lists it as "Be Part":


I saw the vid the other day and have been liking it ever since. I think that's all for now.

Until Then,
Later.

No comments: