Friday, September 21, 2007

Apocalypse Snooze

Turbonegro is having a show at the Grog Shop tonight, but I couldn't score any free tickets so I probably won't attend. The asking price of $21 is a bit too much. I'd reconsider if they had an awesome opening band, but Nick Oliveri and The Mondo Generator doesn't count. I know it'll probably be incredibly amazing and all that, and since the Grog's a fairly small venue, it'll be nice and intimate. But, if you ask me, they haven't had a decent album since 1998. Although I can probably guess that the setlist will be heavy on material from Ass Cobra and Apocalypse Dudes. It's the rest of the show that won't be quite as enthralling. But, the two aforementioned albums are perennial favorites of mine. And yes, I was a fan long before Bam Margera put em on MTV. blahblahblah. I'm sure I'll find something else to do. Maybe I'll throw my Darkness Forever! 2XLP on the old turntable and imagine what could have been.

No comments: